Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just Sitting on the Porch

Please forgive me for staying away an entire week....the flare lasted a few days, then eased.  The weather here is beautiful right now....this is one of our favorite times of the year down south.  So Dijon and I decided to do a bit of work outside, and we have been super busy with that!  Here's our refuge in this crazy world....


I just love my house....it is Acadian style (very common down here) with a huge front porch....complete with swing, rocking chairs, ceiling fans, and Boston ferns.  Right now, with the cool temperatures and low humidity, we are out there every chance we get.




BTW, does anyone know what the big shovel thing is??  We picked it up at an antique shop years ago, and have no idea what is was used for.  But I love it and it stays on the porch year round :)


Yes, that is Dijon's red truck in the background....can't function around here without a truck :)

We absolutely love love love our cypress swing....Dijon added some massive springs to the chains, so the swing "gives" a bit when you sit.....it a fabulous to sit and drink iced tea on a nice day and watch the world go by.  I have wind chimes hanging on the porch that play a nice tune for me too :)  

Our two daughters got married within 8 months, so we sort of neglected our house for a bit....I'm taking this year to rework our house and yard.  There'll be decluttering, reorganizing, and fixing up!

This house just feeds my soul.....I'll show you more of it next time!

See ya soon,
~~~~~Sally~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. I love your house. It just screams "southern hospitality". I could see myself sitting on your swing drinking sweet tea and chatting with you.

    ReplyDelete