Sunday, June 19, 2011

An Epiphany, and Happy Father's Day....

It's been two weeks plus since I wrote here....Life has been busy here!!  Mr. Bentley has been recovering nicely from his surgery, we've had Daughter #2 in for a visit, and Dijon and I will be leaving town tomorrow for a few days.  Never a dull moment around this place!!

And I've been doing an awful lot of thinking about my health.  I've come to realize that for many years, I've merely viewed fibromyalgia as an inconvenience of sorts, an aggravation, an irritant, but maybe not much else.  The last two weeks have shown me how wrong I have been in that thinking.....my fibro is much more than that.

For whatever reason (and for the life of me, I don't know what that is), Keegan is on a roll, and my fibro is flaring something awful lately.  It has been absolutely brutal some days, and I have realized that there truly is something terribly wrong with this body of mine.  I don't know exactly why my body is the way it is....neither do the doctors or researchers.  But there are lots of things that I can do to help reduce the impact of fibro, and ease the symptoms.   I have realized that I haven't taken all of this seriously enough.....I've been very hit and miss, and I'm doing myself no favors.  

So, I'm starting from scratch again....more research, keeping a diary, trying different supplements, exercising.  And recommitting to taking care of me.  I've realized I have to treat Keegan with a bit more respect than I have in the past.  And I'm planning of using the blog to help me with this plan!

*************

On a lighter note, Happy Father's Day to my Dad, my father-in-law, and my Dijon, who is the best dad my two girls could have hoped for!  And to all the dads out there, I hope your day was wonderful!

See ya soon,

~~~~~Sally~~~~~  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment