Saturday, April 23, 2011

Something New and Fun....

has come to live at our house!  Dijon grew up in a family that LOVED to go camping....I had never been camping before I met him!  But he introduced me to it, and I too fell in love with escaping to a calmer, quieter way of life, even if only for a short time.  Our kids have grown up camping, and have many fond memories of weekends and vacations in our old, small camper with the bunk beds.

Well, the air-conditioner in that older camper finally conked out for good, and Dijon decided it was time for us to enjoy a new-to-us camper.  Here she is....




 I am loving the amount of space in this camper!  We both really like the two swivel rockers and the huge window in the rear.


The couch and dinette are in the slide-out, which is a new treat for us...gives us lots of room.


Nice little kitchen, with extra room around the sink....


And my most favorite thing of all....the BIG bed that stays down all the time....no folding it up and down every day.  With my fibro, it had gotten to the point where that had become pretty painful.

Everyone in Dijon's family has a camper....his parents, his brother, and his sister.  We all try to go camping together several times a year.  It has been a wonderful family tradition for many years, and all our kids have loved growing up spending such great quality time with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. 

We've already taken her out on a short trip, to one of our favorite state parks.  We used to take the kids there all the time when they were little, and have fabulous memories of camping there with them.   Dijon and I got lots of fresh air and good sleep, and I am happy to report that Keegan slept the entire weekend.  I think the great outdoors keeps him quiet!   I'll post some pics of the gorgeous oak trees there next time!!

Camping is one of "our things" that recharges our batteries....what are yours?

See ya soon,

~~~~~Sally~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. I love camping too! We to enjoyed camping with our childern as they were growing up. Unfortunately we have not been camping since my fibro hit.

    ReplyDelete